- The article quotes a Google study Key ways to engage with female gamers - the fastest growing segment in AP. Some key conclusions from the study include the fact that female gamers now make up 38% of the Asia Pacific market, up from 32% only 2 years ago.
- Additionally, the number of female gamers is growing at nearly 15% pa, roughly twice as fast as the overall market growth rate
- Female gamers are 40% plus of the market in China, Korea, Japan and South East Asia, its only India that is behind the curve (so far).
- Mobile is the most popular platform by far, which suggests as mobile penetration grows, so will the % of female gamers. Spending wise, they punch their weight, making up 39% of spending.
- Interestingly, while they are attracted to role playing games, they also like multi player battle arena and shooter games. So there really isn’t a stereotypical female type of game.
Analysis and Comments
- The report has four key recommendations as to how gaming developers can engage with female gamers, hence growing their market share.
- First is to plan for a mobile first experience, as this is where most female gamers can be found.
- Second & third are to tap into female esports communities & adding story lines that female game players can related to
- The last piece is “to build a diverse team of developers and designers who can better understand the female gamer segment”. Given the current debates and scandals this is very topical.
- Analysts think Video Gaming could potentially be something that fits in well with aspects of some ESG investment strategies. Of course analysts are not arguing that gaming obviously contributes to the greater good of our wider society in the same way that renewable energy & recycling do. But it can be a positive contributor to deliver say UN SDG 5 (achieve gender equality).
- This is an industry where there is no reason why there cannot be more women, and it creates well paid & highly skilled jobs. It's encouraging to see some signs that companies accept that change is needed, but there is a long way to go from an industry perspective & we expect ESG investors to push them hard to change
➡️ Be paid daily to browse with Brave Internet Browser
➡️ A secure and easy wallet to use: Atomic Wallet
Proud member of:
Find out more about HODL Community: Crypto Social Community and by following our community account @hodlcommunity
If you would like to delegate some HP to our community and support us; we give you back 90% of the curation rewards on a daily basis ! APR > 13% !
500 HP - 1000 HP - 2500 HP - 5000 HP
Make a good APR Curation by following our HIVE trail here