Hello to all the readers.
As mentioned in my previous post, england is playing test cricket in India.
The fourth and last test match is been held in ahmedabad.
Before we get into it, Lets recap
- India is leading the series 2:1.
- England has to win the fourth match, to level the series.
- India on the other hand, has to either win or draw the match to qualify for the world test championship finals. Losing is not an option. If they lose, australia will qualify for the finals.
So lets begin,
England won the toss and decided to bat.
The pitch looks good to bat. The game is played with the red ball.
England had a shaky start, lost early wickets.
But, did manage few good partnerships
After Tea, England were all out for 205 runs
Ben stokes was top scorer of 55 runs.
8 wickets were taken by spinners. Ashwin and Axar shared 4 wickets each
Remaining 2 was taken by pace bowler, mohammad siraj.
From this you can see that the england batting again failed against spinners
India in reply were 24/1 at end of the play for day 1
James anderson took the first wicket.
Day 2, will be interesting, two things to look for
- how india handle pace in the first hour of the play, bowled by james anderson and ben stokes?
- how they play the english spinners?
Can England spinners, trouble the indian batsman and take quick wickets?
I think India will score good runs on day 2.
What is your thought?
Do comment below
Thanks for reading my post